Position Location: State Capitol - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Office of Governor Mary Fallin is currently seeking part-time interns for the upcoming spring semester. The chosen candidates will have a number of duties, including assisting office staff with research, special events, attending committee and board meetings, database management, scheduling and correspondence. Applicants should be interested in government and working with Oklahoma’s top public policy officials.
Position Period: Spring 2017 (January through May)
Hours: Candidates should be available a minimum of 15 hours per week within the window of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- College Junior or Senior studying political science, history, pre-law, economics, communications, or any other applicable field
- Interest in public service, government and/or advocacy
- Professional demeanor/positive attitude
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Phone experience/customer relations
- Research skills
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically Word and Excel
Compensation: Non-paid; available for course credit.
Interested applicants may email a résumé and cover letter directly to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Internship Program: Spring 2017” in the subject line of the email.